downloads not completing

seawife 10:58 01 Sep 07

when trying to d'load from links it starts to download then stops completely. Have Rapidshare a/c but the same happens on yousendit and all the others too.. Tried deleting cookies TF's and history. even tried system restore which fails with no explanation. Even youtube videos stop halfway when playing .Help!!This has only happened in the lat 2/3 weeks.

cooki8c 11:13 01 Sep 07

I have the same problem but what I do is when it stops d/l i cancel it then restart the D/l and it usually re starts where it it stopped or starts at the beguining but carries on past where itstopped D/l
but I am hoping someone will come up with the answer for you and hope it will work for me as well cookie8c

bretsky 13:08 01 Sep 07

It could be a number of reasons,heavy internet traffic from you ISP, heavy traffic (usage) from the site you are trying to download from, modem not up to the job. I had this a couple of months ago, I do a lot of downloading from rapidshare free and use Firefox with download status bar tool which shows me download info. Sometimes when the download speed was so low, like, 125kbs, it just used to stop with the D/L status bar saying complete when it wasn't, this went on for a few weeks and I put it down to the above, what with Orange and all their problems etc etc and at the time I had a SpeedTouch 330 usb modem and reading various problem sites, I decided to bin the SpeedTouch and replace it with a Zoom PCI internal modem which can handle greater speeds than my previous modem could. I good move because although D/L speed can be slow at times, the D/L always completes and generally surfing is a lot quicker.

HTH

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac