downloads to high

ROBINSON CRUSO 18:13 31 Oct 07

hi all

ive had my laptop for a week which has vista on and kaspersky virus scan i have just connected to the internet with my laptop using netgear modem router and 17gb has been used from my harddrive and the only thing i can think is that its updates can anyone give me an idea if im correct that its the updates or not and would it have any effect slowing down my laptop and programs

1.6ghz intel dual core 2
2gb ram
hard drive (160gb) but on system says 141gb due to vista and other programs already on laptop when bought now the hd down to 98.5gb

cheers

I am Spartacus 18:16 31 Oct 07

Some of it could be System Restore points.

ROBINSON CRUSO 18:21 31 Oct 07

ah ha

your most probably right i never thought of that id better check how to turn that up or system restore every so often

cheers

i am spartacus

ROBINSON CRUSO 18:32 31 Oct 07

all sorted ive turned it off and its deleted them all and its back to 117gb cheers

if i was to keep it on would it run my computer slow?

I am Spartacus 18:56 31 Oct 07

Only for the short time it is creating the restore point, you probably wouldn't notice as the system checkpoints usually take place when there isn't much activity.

It's useful to have it on just in case but you can reduce the amount of disk space it uses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…