downloads to dvd

garybaldy 15:06 05 Feb 03

is it poosible to download movies and then copy them so i can watch them on my DVD player.If so how.As i have no problem with music.

Ben Avery (Work) 15:08 05 Feb 03

Assuming your DVD player will play them (most do) you need to convert the Movie clip (.mpg, .avi, .mov etc) to the VCD format. There are many pieces of software that will allow this. Just run a search on the web for "VCD Convertor" or something.

I'm sure someone will be able to reccomend which one works best.

BA

garybaldy 15:12 05 Feb 03

cheers ben ill give it ago.

rickf 15:23 05 Feb 03

Do a search on the net. There are lots of progs that will burn DVDs not just VCDs. Not very many people on this forum will give you info about this as they are afraid they might be breaking the law or worse be condemned by forum members.

Ç̧ÇØ 15:28 05 Feb 03

Try here for all the info u needclick here

garybaldy 15:34 05 Feb 03

I do not wish to break the law or upset forum members ,but i would like the option and the know how.I have just inserted a DVD into the drive but i am only given the option to play it in windows multi media.I also have DIvX player which i believe is the best place to copy media files but i dont seem able to play the DVD in this .

Ben Avery (Work) 15:37 05 Feb 03

DivX is a player which will play DivX encoded files only (as far as I'm aware). I've never tried playing DVD's in it but if the files you are downloading are Encoded to DivX then that's the player you want.

BA

garybaldy 15:55 05 Feb 03

cisco,just been reading through that link and it all gets abit confusing really(Mpeg,Avi ,svcd)i just want to be able to download a film and then watch it sitting down in the comfort of my living room.Thank for the link but is there an easier site to navigate.

Ç̧ÇØ 15:59 05 Feb 03

If you download an avi or an mpeg, use Nero to create a vcd, this works fine in my sony stand alone dvd, the quality is not as good as dvd obviously

Ç̧ÇØ 16:00 05 Feb 03

also you are limited to about 30 to 40 mins for a vcd, you may have to break a large movie into 2 or 3 vcd's

chriscars1 16:04 05 Feb 03

The fastest and easiest way to create a pal VCD with the highest quality picture and sound web page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…