Downloads from BBC website

dewskit 18:01 12 Jun 03

Spent a lot of time yesterday evening attempting to record a download from the BBC radio 4 website onto my hard disk, but the only thing I managed were shortcuts, which of course are useless off line, or when the programme clip is changed next week.
Anyone had any success and can point me in the right direction?

Forum Editor 18:11 12 Jun 03

what it is you're trying to download. The content of the BBC site is protected by copyright, so don't put anything on your own site, or use it it any commercial sense unless you have obtained permission.

dewskit 19:23 12 Jun 03

I was trying to record a clip from Wireless Wise, which was a musical description of an operation (in 1762) for bladder stones. My wife is away this week, and I know she would love to hear it as she was given a facsimile of the manuscript at a medical meeting last year, and it seemed so unlikely that I was amazed to actually hear it on Tuesday evening.
No commercial use at all.

mole44 20:00 12 Jun 03

think sideways,plug a lead from a cassette recorder into your line out socket then line in on cassette recorder and as you listen it will record ,there another problem sorted

leo49 20:04 12 Jun 03

I use Jetaudio for recording live concerts,etc from BBC Radio - it's an excellent all-round media player.

REgards

dewskit 21:27 12 Jun 03

Many thanks for the suggestion.
I have downleaded Jetaudio and it has done exactly what I wanted
Thanks again

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…