Download/open Office 97-2003 doc

gengiscant 12:36 PM 16 Nov 11
Answered

I am having dealings with the Independent Case examiner and have arranged that all documents are emailed to me. For some reason I cannot download,open,save or save as this attachment. I think it has something to do with the ridiculously long file name.(see screen-shot below). I have recently done a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and Office 2007 in stead of 2010. This is not the first document I have received from I.C.E, first since re-installation, but perhaps I did something before which escapes me now.

Screen

lotvic 12:58 PM 16 Nov 11

Perhaps they haven't sent it right. Ask them to re-send in proper .doc format

Is your screenshot of the attachement .doc title? it looks strange and with no .doc at the end, where did you get that info from?

Which email client on your pc are you using to collect email?

gengiscant 13:25 PM 16 Nov 11

Thanks lotvic I have included another screen-shot which I obviously get when I try to save the document.Screen 2

As to where I got that info from is if I try to save the usual box opens with this massive file name in the title box Screen 3 which is as far as I can go.

wiz-king 13:36 PM 16 Nov 11

Nice piccie - but not the correct one <{:-))

gengiscant 13:44 PM 16 Nov 11

wiz-king How strange is that as that picture does not exist on my PC,I have not got a clue where that image appeared from.Perhaps my PC is haunted. This is the right one: Correct screen

gengiscant 15:32 PM 16 Nov 11
Answer

Where there's a will there's a way. I forwarded the email to another email address of mine, AOL as it happens and was able to download and save the attachment without any problems, so I can only assume this is a Gmail problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone