downloading YouTube videos to a DVD

haricot 15:17 05 Oct 09

My Screen Name may be as published but at the moment I have addopted "Wooss" if that is how you spell it !

I just cannot fathom out how to download Youtube stuff on to my computer to eventually download on to a DVD to enable me to play it on my T/v.

I have tried 3 or 4 different bits of software advertised but half of them don't work and the other half that may have downloaded...I can't find !!

Now you know what I mean by being a woos or in
my language a computer duffer.

If anyone can give me some straight and uncomplicated instuctions how to do this I would immensely grateful.

DjSprinks 16:41 05 Oct 09

Hi,
If u have youtube mate it should have worked and the downloaded files will be in C/LOCAL/youtube downloads and converted files will be in the converter output folder also in your hardrive.

ambra4 17:24 05 Oct 09

Try “YouTube Downloader Version 2.5.1”

Software to download and convert YouTube video.

click here

rawprawn 17:40 05 Oct 09

Having tried different Video grabbers,I use this, it is very good and easy to use.
click here

Stuartli 18:08 05 Oct 09

Save2PC (save2pc.come) or Download Helper (Firefox extension) both work well.

I use Save2PC mainly and the downloads are directed to a "YouTube" folder (you initially create the folder and, from S2PC, Browse to it and choose as the destination); Save2PC lists the downloads alphabetically in the folder so it's easy to find a particular title or artiste.

Once you have sufficient tracks you can burn them to a CD-R or DVD-R (in Multisession mode you can keeping adding new tracks until the disk is full).

These will obviously only play on your computer system unless you convert them to MPEG files.

Stuartli 18:09 05 Oct 09

Saving YouTube videos this way saves unnecessary waste of bandwidth by watching them from the website each time.

Bapou 19:34 05 Oct 09

I use YouTube Downloader, (AMbra4 has linked this), and convert to WMV although have never bothered converting for DVD purposes.

However, DVD Flick, click here is a recommended free program which offers to convert various formats for viewing on DVD players.

Give it a try, maybe either the original flv file you download from YouTube or WMV is included in DVD Flick.

haricot 20:35 05 Oct 09

Wow thanks guys. Just got back in and switched on and your response is fantastic,

I really am very grateful to you all.

As I intimated in my opener I am a tad slow at
this lark but I'll work my way through all that you have offered and I am sure I'll be able to sort it out one way or the other.

Once again many thanks indeed.

haricot 10:17 06 Oct 09

Hi Guys

I'm back ..'cos seconds after I thanked you all last night for your very kind advice, my grandson popped in and found me something called "YouTube Downloader".

Snag...grandson has now gone back and the couple of downloads that I tried this morning seem to be fine EXCEPT for the fact that the Actual Download(it is a Jazz thing) seemed to finish ie END before the Video Download had come to an end itself.
Is it me OR is it the YouTube Downloader or are all Youtube Music Downloads Restricted in this way.
If you can shine any light on this one I would appreciate it , once again.

haricot 10:51 06 Oct 09

Uh oh !

I may have shouted too soon. Having just played back one of the download video's that I did , it DOES seem to have copied all of it !

I have yet to try others but I thought ('cos of the wooseness) that as the "download line" on screen finished before the actual video ended , that I had not gotten all of it.

I will perservere and brace myself for the second part of the hurdle which is copying them on to DVD's to play via my DVD Recorder onto the big Tele:
I shall study Stuartli's and Bapou's tips on that phase.

Thanks guys . I really am grateful.

Bapou 12:19 06 Oct 09

Don't worry about YouTube Downloader doing a full download. You don't have to listen to the full video whilst YTD is doing it's job.

Once you have pasted in the url and clicked go, you can then seek another clip to download. In fact once a download starts you can even move on to another website if you wish,the download will not be affected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…