Downloading from youtube(with firefox )

hiwatt 11:22 03 Apr 10

Hi folks,I'm trying to download a few videos from youtube and it's not happening.I'm using the firefox add on video download helper.I'm only getting the audio and not any video.It's set to download and convert to avi.I'm not sure what I'm dong wrong?Also when I'm trying to download the video there are a few different files for the same video.There is the flv file,and 2 different youtube video titles of the same name?I would really appreciate any help/advice from anyone who has done this succesfully.Thank you.

northumbria61 14:27 03 Apr 10

Why not take a look at this tutorial and/or use a different method.

click here

Zak 15:37 03 Apr 10

click here

It works perfectly.

hiwatt 10:34 05 Apr 10

I've installed this and I can't see the icon for it anywhere.It's not where it shows it on the tutorial and I can't see it anywhere else.It's showing as being enabled in firefox add ons too?

VOT Productions 11:13 05 Apr 10

I use RealPlayer

hiwatt 11:35 05 Apr 10

How do you download videos from youtube using Realplayer?Thanks.

hiwatt 13:49 05 Apr 10

Zak

I've installed this and I can't see the icon for it anywhere.It's not where it shows it on the tutorial and I can't see it anywhere else.It's showing as being enabled in firefox add ons too?

I just sussed it out.I had to go to view and click status bar.The icon is showing now.I'm just about to give it a try.

hiwatt 16:35 05 Apr 10

I've managed to download the files in FLV format using Net Video Hunter(Thanks Zak)I now just need to find a good free program that can convert them to avi for me.I'll close this thread and start a new one.Thanks folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac