Downloading XP2 service pack

MIKE 21:36 19 Aug 04

I am trying to download Microsofts update for SP2. I have BT Broadband with two other PC's networked together. Two of PC's is are using XP Pro, and one is using XP Home. I have set up the correct time to download the updates for the XP Home machine but nothing happens. I have a BT 1250 router with a built in hardware firewall does any one know what trafic settings I should allow on the router to enable SP2 to download.

MIKE 21:48 19 Aug 04

Sorry folks for the poor grammer and bad spelling. My excuse I was rushing.

jolorna 22:11 19 Aug 04

i downloaded from here and then installed it click here you could do teh same and then install on each computer i havn't had any problems

A&D 22:16 19 Aug 04

SP2 has auto downloaded and installed on my PC. After it installed I got a warning from Norton Firewall that Windows Update was trying to access bank account deatils from my PC!

Also it does not seem to have turned on the auto security settings that we were advised would happen (see PC Advisor mag) and neither can I see any new program shortcuts for the security settings. Anyone know what is happening?

The add/remove programs confirms long list of SP2 Hot fixes are present.

BT 09:58 22 Aug 04

XP SP2 will shortly be available on a free CD from the Microsoft site. Its worth waiting for it to become available. Incidentally there are lots of free Update CDs on the site.Try searching for Security Updates on the MS site, there's a security update CD for all versions of Windows which includes Media Player 9 and IE 6. There's also a free AntiVirus and Firewall cd included.

fsbb 11:14 22 Aug 04

SP2 will be on PCA cover disk November edition out around mid September (16th!)

mgmcc 13:07 22 Aug 04

<<< I am trying to download Microsofts update for SP2. I have BT Broadband with two other PC's networked together. >>>

As you have several PCs in which to install SP2, why not download the full installer file and run that in each PC. Also, should you need to reinstall XP in a PC, that file brings it straight up to SP2 level. The file, however, is 272 Megabytes. click here

MIKE 14:33 23 Aug 04

I would like to say thanks folks for all your advice and help. I will download the file as shown by mgmcc, and see how I go.

little evo 18:53 14 Aug 05

Do I need to download service pack 1 before I
install service pack 2?.

Strawballs 19:38 14 Aug 05

No go straight to SP2 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…