Downloading XP drivers for Epson scanner.

Bald Eagle 17:32 27 Oct 03

Have an Epson Perfection 1640 SU scanner. The drivers I have are not compatible with XP; it says it will not let them run because of instability problems. However, I can download the appropriate XP drivers from the Epson site. Do I need to ?open? them or save them to disc? If I save them where do they need to be saved to?
As I understand it I then load the drivers then turn on the scanner and Windows will ?see? the new addition. Is this correct?

Sir Radfordin 17:42 27 Oct 03

I'd have thought that you need to do a SAVE AS and then save them somewhere on your hard drive. Normally its a .exe file you can just double click and it will install the software/drivers that you need. Is for Epson printers anyway.

Djohn 17:54 27 Oct 03

As Sir Rad says, also best to create a new folder in your "My Documents and name it "Downloads".

Choose save to disk from the download option and guide the download to your new folder. Log off the net and close down your anti-virus checker, then open the folder and double click, it should open and self-install.

All future downloads from the net should bring this folder up as default each time you choose "Save to". j.

Bald Eagle 06:38 28 Oct 03

To the pair of you many thanks. Unzipped the download, it then auto ran and installed the drivers. Plugged USB in, wizard came up, ignored warning about non certificated drivers. Now have scanner up and running!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…