Downloading Woes over WiFi

Jumper2031 09:40 29 May 08

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me with downloading problems I am having a present.

My ISP is BT and currently have a basic 2MB/per/sec broadband package with them. I have a home computer and a laptop in the house both XP and currently connect both of them through a WiFi connection only via a Netgear DG 834g Wireless Router. My default browser is Firefox.

I live in a small property and WiFi is the best option for me to connect at present due to socket limitations.

My problem is this.

When I try to download any sort of program or package the download starts and then drops out after a second or 2. I have done speed checks and the system is fine up to 3.2Mb/per second some days. This problem is persistent and happens during off peak times as well.

I can surf web pages no problem and have multiple pages up but just can download anything significant.

I done the usual and reset my Wifi box etc and tried an Ethernet cable lead to prove it wasn’t the router but have the same problem still.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…