Downloading whole page of pictures

murgle 22:01 27 Dec 03

Hi,

Does anybody know of any software that allows you to download a whole page of pictures instead of clicking on a thumb nail for the full size image, then right clicking and using save as.

Many thanks
Ian

johnnyrocker 22:12 27 Dec 03

what about using edit select all then file save as?

johnny.

leo49 22:13 27 Dec 03

Whole page or whole website - Snagit.

click here

Jester2K 23:01 27 Dec 03

Fresh Download (click here) Right click page, Download All With Fresh Download

leo49 23:05 27 Dec 03

Problem with "selecting all" or a download manager is that the thumbnails may well be merely htm links - you need a program like snagit that will grab the targets.

murgle 12:46 29 Dec 03

Many thanks for your advice. I tried both programs. Snagit seems to be the better of the two but it will only download the thumbnails on the page and not the images linked from them. Any ideas please.

Thanks
Ian

leo49 12:50 29 Dec 03

I suggest you read the Help files again as Snagit strips a website to any level you want,using the Web capture feature.[I do actually use it so this isn't merely theory]

murgle 13:27 29 Dec 03

Thanks Leo49

I have tried it again and although it lists all the linked files from the thumbnails when the download is complete the following message appears:

Http Status: 401 (Authorization Required)

Thanks
Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…