Downloading Videos From Youtube

paul1975 15:20 21 Dec 06

Right im downloading a load of dance music vids from youtube using Leechvideo.com

But when i put them on my hard drive...Windows does not know what file type it is.

So the question is...what do i need to convert it into so i can burn them to DVD and watch them?

Cheers

tullie 15:27 21 Dec 06

What file type are they?

theDarkness 15:30 21 Dec 06

its easy enough to play them on your pc, after downloading the video, simply name the file to what you want and make sure to add the ".flv" extention to the end of the file, (eg. "pepsicommercial.flv")

and download a free FLV player to play the file (click on installer):
click here

not sure on converting flv files to dvd format to run the videos on a normal dvd player, most that can do this job require you to pay (eg Xilisoft FLV Converter).

paul1975 15:40 21 Dec 06

The Darkness thanks for the help but Xilisoft only converts avi or mp3 into flv fromat.

Im looking for flv to avi

theDarkness 15:48 21 Dec 06

oops yeah seems odd that most of those progs can convert from dvd to flv cant do the reverse

theDarkness 15:51 21 Dec 06

riva flv encoder can do the conversion to avi
which is free

click here

more info here!
click here

paul1975 16:03 21 Dec 06

Thanks Darkness. Will give it a go

yorgie 19:54 19 Mar 07

here paul i know its a bit late but if you have not got anything sorted try this

click here

Jakey boy 08:47 21 Mar 07

Yorgie has pointed you to the best option. It's free to download and use, and does just what you wanted!!

Stuartli 20:19 26 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…