Downloading video and memory

carper 14:43 01 May 09

Hi, I have just been trying to export a video recording into a file and I am warned that I have memory of 4400MB and the file is 3900, Continue?
I continued and the download failed. I seem to have read somewhere that the memory can be altered. I am downloading to an external hard drive with 280Gig available. I am using XP Home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards Carper

eedcam 19:04 01 May 09

I presume you meant import and not export and confirm the size thats nearly 4 G/byte helluva download or did you add an extra zero? in error

carper 19:24 01 May 09

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did mean export.I am using Serif Movie plus 5 and the export function compresses the file and converts it to Mpeg2 for burning to DVD. I am under the impression that there is a memory section which acts as a buffer to balance the download. It is this that I am trying to access and increase in size. Yes the size is 15gig with a running time in realtime of 52 minutes.
Thanks again. Regards Carper

mocha 06:58 02 May 09

Hi carper,

Most external hard drives are formatted as FAT32 this limits the maximum size of file that can be wrote to the hard drive to 4GB.

click here

carper 08:54 02 May 09

Thanks for your reply. My external hard drive was changed to NTFS for that very reason and normally gives no problem except that playback is not as good because of USB 2 connection compared to firewire on my main hard drive. Looks like I've got to do as lot of deleting to get back some memory on my main hard drive. Thanks again, Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5