downloading video in emails

sixgun 15:13 24 Mar 07

hi can anyone help
when my friend sends me email containg a video clip it arrives ok but when i down load it
it changes to text and down loads as a word document i download it to my documents.
iam on line with aol90vr because i have windows vista what can i do ??? please

AB's 15:51 24 Mar 07

try chaning the extension from .doc or .txt or whatever it is to .avi .wmv or .mpeg see if that helps

sixgun 16:03 24 Mar 07

hi i am a silver surfer how do i do what you sugest where do i start thanks

AB's 16:12 24 Mar 07

go to the explorer window where the file is stored, right clik on it and select rename, left click on it and go to the end of the file name, for example .... johns video.doc or johns video.txt delete the .doc or .txt whatever it says [it may say neither] and add instead .avi or .mpeg or .wmv so your file name will now be johns video.avi etc if avi doesnt work try the .wmv or .mpeg instead.

Technotiger 16:13 24 Mar 07

Hi, right-click on the video icon in your My Documents folder and then choose rename from the drop-down menu. Just add ".avi" without the commas, to the name that is already there - don't forget the .(dot)

It should then run as a video in Windows Media Player.

Technotiger 16:14 24 Mar 07

I must learn to type quicker :-)

VoG II 16:16 24 Mar 07

Firstly, what is the file extension (the bit after the dot)?

1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. Select the View Tab.
5. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
6. Click OK.

sixgun 16:22 24 Mar 07

thank you everyone for your help
i will crack on and do what you all sugest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…