Downloading video from camcorder

Newuser2 09:38 15 May 05

I'm having trouble downloading video footage from my camcorder to my PC.
I,m using Nero, and problem is that on the frames captured/dropped it seems to be only capturing about 80% and loosing 20%. The play back is very jerky and distorted. There appears to be some configuration available but the boxes are greyed out. Its the first time I,ve tried this so any help would be much appreciated

TomJerry 10:02 15 May 05

CPU at least 1GHz

Newuser2 10:15 15 May 05

I,ve got a 64bit Athlon AMD CPU, a 120 Gig WD HDD and a Sapphire/ATI graphics card, and 1 gig of ram so they should be OK.

ICF 10:17 15 May 05

I found this to be the case with USB2 connection so I now connect with firewire and all is fine.

TomJerry 10:27 15 May 05

but avoid Pinnacle becuase it has video-audio sync problem

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 10:38 15 May 05

do you have a video capture card with s-video quality will be far greater that way to composite .

LAP 17:45 15 May 05

As ICF suggested are you using a 'firewire' and if your o/s is xp try using Windows Movie Maker 2 and see if this makes any difference. Worth a try..

Newuser2 18:55 15 May 05

Thanks guys for your help. My os is xp so I'll give windows moviemaker a try and I'll get a firewire cable and try that.
I'll post back when I've tried them all.
Thanks

oseven 19:00 15 May 05

Turn off anything you do not need ie internet access,anti virus etc.
Capture as Microsoft AVI Then edit in Ulead or editor of choice.If you edit in windows movie maker you will not be able to play in your DVD player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now