Downloading URL`s in Firefox 2.0 .

Daibus 18:34 29 Oct 06

In Firefox 2.0 if you left click a URL from the History you then have to press enter to enable the site to download.

I seem to think that in the previous version of Firefox you just had to select the History item for it to open without having to press enter.

Any solution?

Stuartli 18:38 29 Oct 06

One click on a bookmark or history URL instantly brings in the page for me with Firefox 2.0, just as it did before.

Stuartli 18:39 29 Oct 06

A right click brings up the usual menu about opening in a new tab or window etc

Daibus 18:50 29 Oct 06

Yes - left clicking on a Bookmark item brings up the URL instantly but an item selectected from History necessitates me having to press enter as well.

Which setting is wrong?

Many thanks.

Stuartli 18:57 29 Oct 06

Try Tools>Options>Tabs - last check box.

However, I haven't changed any configuration on these lines from 1.5.0.7 or earlier.

VoG II 19:03 29 Oct 06

I just left click and they open instantly. I haven't made any changes to the settings.

Daibus 19:23 29 Oct 06

No - if I select a History item from the Navigation Bar I have to press Delete for the page to open.

Bookmarks and the History side panel work normally.

Strange!

Daibus 15:34 31 Oct 06

As anyone else come across this problem in Firefox 2.0?

Daibus 18:51 31 Oct 06

I have now discovered the problem is connected with Tabbrowser Preferences that is installed on my PC.

I think it is known about and therefore the developer is trying to rectify it.

Arnie 18:53 31 Oct 06

Firefox 2.1 is still a beta version, generally for testers and developers. Some quirks may be apparent.

click here

Stuartli 20:47 31 Oct 06

It's the final release of Firefox 2.0 that's being discussed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…