Downloading updates, serious problem

Rhuddlan 19:05 12 Jan 04

Another problem from myself, but not for myself, I have been trying to download updates for Windows ME for a friend who does not have Internet access, I choose the option of saving these updates on to a CD/RW, but it will only let me save them in My Documents, these updates where estimated to take about 4 to 4 and a half hours, and after 2 hours my Freeserve Internet connection automatically disconnects and then reconnects, as I have Hometime, when I try to continue with the updates a error message appears saying that there has been communication error and the updates can't continue and the updates that already has been downloaded can't be found anywhere, is there anyway that I can keep my Internet connection open all the time during the hours that the Internet is available to me, as what happened was very frustrating and annoying, any help?

Pidder 19:24 12 Jan 04

Is this all one update or can you select individual ones to download within the available time slot - 2hours or so? You may have to set up a new folder on your C drive, call it, say "Downloads". so you can burn it to C.D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…