Downloading Spybot Search & Destroy

shazza65 21:17 28 Aug 03

I am trying to down-load the above, because what I have read on the Helproom discussions, it seems a good programme to have; I currently only have Adaware.

I have tried to down-load it from the PC Advisor site but it when you try, it asks you to either OPEN it or SAVE it. I cliked on SAVE it, it then asks me where do I want to save it - I DON'T KNOW! DO I OPEN OR SAVE??? Please could anyone tell me?

Also I have noticed there are two version; V1.2 & V1.1 - Which one do I need? And why are there two versions??

krypt1c 21:21 28 Aug 03

It's asking you where you want to put the file you want to download. If you've partitioned your primary HD or have a 2nd HD create a folder called downloads, then save your downloaded file here. You should download version 1.2

mammak 21:23 28 Aug 03

shazza65, hi save it to desktop or docs and then install, hope this helps,(right click to install)
all the best Mammak

accord 21:24 28 Aug 03

as mammak says, save to desktop. once downloaded, open the file and install. save the file in a safe place for future ref.

powerless 21:25 28 Aug 03

Get the one from here > click here

If you SAVE the file, then it has to put the file somewhere when it has finished downloading it. You can put the file anywhere you want. Save to the desktop, or your, my documents, anywhere you like :-)

Once it has completed you can the open the file and continue to install.

OPEN the file means it will download and then will suddenly start to install (you have control with the installing).

I prefer to SAVE downloaded files but either will be ok.

Mucky duck 21:25 28 Aug 03

Use 1.2 - it works on 98se and 2000.

Save it to My Documents. It is an install file/program not the complete+working application.

Where you actually install the complete program will be confirmed (with an option for you to decide where) later during install.

Before you install you can create a folder to put it all in. You should also close or stop as many applications as you can (don't forget security or constant background programs, virus protection and screen savers etc..). Run the virus checker on the downloaded file and the new folder before and afterwards.

Spybot will recommend that you update it when installed to get the latest info and protection files. Re-boot before updating.

accord 21:25 28 Aug 03

ps.... you might want to download ad-aware and spyblaster aswell.

powerless 21:26 28 Aug 03

doh.

shazza65 21:30 29 Aug 03

Thank you all for your help, will be down-loading it to my desk-top and taking it from there.

Regards
shazza65

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…