Downloading SP2.

fourjays 22:18 21 Aug 04

When I was told that SP2 was going to be out, I readied my two comps to download it via auto-update, by turning it all on. But all that has happened, is that one comp gave me a message asking me if I wanted to download SP2, I clicked yes, but nothing happened, or has happened since.

Now neither of my computers will download it, even with auto update fully on, end everything.

How do I get it via auto update, or do I have to wait for it to be on Win Update site.

btw, the auto update options screen has changed, and the Windows Update site has changed to v5, but still no SP2. :-(

VoG II 22:31 21 Aug 04
  powerless 22:52 21 Aug 04

Officially from: click here

Peter-239017 23:13 21 Aug 04

Same here Fourjays.

It seems some people have no problems, but others have the same as you and me i.e. nothing!

I don't really want to download the full 270Mb when I only need 75Mb or so.........

ensonricky 00:20 22 Aug 04

I stand to be corrected but I am yet to find anyone who has successfully loaded via the auto update. The successfull downloads you mention appear to be from the beta versions or the network and developers version. Like yourself I have done without SP2 for 3 years so another couple of weeks doesn't worry me, with a bit of luck a few mor patches will be available.

Like yourself I have better things to do with my 200MB.

fourjays 11:03 22 Aug 04

Thanks for your help. Looks like Microsoft forgot UK needs it too. :-(

I only needed it to, test it for some friends, on my second computer, and to see how configurable the firewall is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…