Downloading software

David1753 09 Nov 11
Answered

Corel WordPerfect Office X5 Pro is £101 on the US Corel website whilst the Standard version is £110 on the Corel UK website. Are there any problems downloading from the US website?

northumbria61 09 Nov 11

I personally can't see any reason why there should be a problem.

spuds 09 Nov 11
Answer

This subject as been discussed before, and you may find that downloading from the US may have restrictions due to licencing arrangements.

You should also consider that the product might be made for the country that it is being sold in, which could make a number of changes to formats and UK requirements.

Peter 10 Nov 11

David1753,

The US version my not have a British English spell checker and it may not permit European A4 paper size and only allow American Letter. These are only possibilities, but the could be possible.

Peter,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message