Downloading recorded TV

Rubroy 18:40 10 Jul 05

I have just successfully recorded the 60 Year Anniversay of the end of War celebrations on TV to my PC hard drive using an ATI TV Video card. Great, But now I want to copy it to a DVD and send it to relatives of my own war time age in Canada. Can anyone tell me please how to go about it?

De Marcus 19:54 10 Jul 05

What format was the anniversary recorded in, avi, mpeg, etc?

Also do you have any dvd burning software?

Your Version of windows would also be handy to know for any software recomendations and/or guides.

Rubroy 22:45 10 Jul 05

Good Evening De Marcus,

Thank you for your response.
I haven't a clue what format ATI uses for TV recordings - one of their own probably but there is nothing to tell me. Yes, I have a DVD burner and I use Windows XP(home). I have ample hard drive space (plus a backup hard drive) and lots of RAM, so there is no problem in that region.

woodchip 22:53 10 Jul 05

Look for the file in My Video it may say

Video.avi or sume such it will be a big file

Rubroy 11:27 11 Dec 06

Thanks Woodchip and De MArcus. I had not realised the file would be in My Video - silly of course but lack of experience in this fied. AOK now. Sorry this is so outdated but I am trying to catch up on loose ends.

Stuartli 12:25 11 Dec 06

May be of interest:

click here

eedcam 12:42 11 Dec 06

If you intend doing regular recording have a look at Video redo not free but excellent for ADS removal and and audio sync probs you can geta free trial. Also GUI -dvd author which will convert it to a TS folder ready to burn that ones a freebie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…