Downloading Pictures From Fuji Camera

Whaty 16:33 24 May 06

A friend bought a Fuji Finepix Z602 Zoom camera second hand with no software, he has a laptop running Windows XP. When he connects the camera to the laptop with the USB cable nothing happens.

We downloaded the drivers from the Fuji site (even though they say we shouldn't need them for Windows XP) but still nothing happens.

When I say nothing happens I mean the pop-up asking how you want to view the files doesn't appear, nor does the device show up in Explorer.

We tried on my laptop and it was fine, straight off. Connect the camera through the USB cable, turn the camera on, the pop-up appears and the camera shows up as a 'Mass Storage Device' in explorer. We can then remove the photo's no problem.

Any idea's why this doesn't work on my friends computer? Can this functionality be disabled somehow?

Thanks,
Terry

GaT7 16:36 24 May 06

Have you tried it in a different USB slot? Are there any problems in Device Manager. G

Whaty 16:41 24 May 06

Crossbow7, tried it in all three USB slots, makes no difference.

I did check Device Manager, a Mass Storage Device appeared with a question mark against it, wasn't too sure what to do from there. I checked the Properties but nothing really stood out as being wrong.

And what seemed odd to me was that although Mass Storage Device appeared in Device Manager it didn't appear in Explorer?

Diemmess 17:15 24 May 06

Try removing the ? device from its properties option. Reboot and then reconnect the USB lead from the camera.

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:18 24 May 06

May be a USB setting in the camera menu somewhere. May be worth a look, I have to use it on the wifes fuji to enable it to talk to a small printer.

Whaty 17:26 24 May 06

Diemmess: will try that.

Hertz Van Rental: We have tried that, it needs to be set to DSC, unfortunately it made no difference.

Thanks for the sugestions.

Terry

ghm101 17:27 24 May 06

Does your friends PC have XP Service Pack 2? if not your could install it.

AS the camera works on your Laptop but not on the PC it suggests to me that the PC rather than the Camera is the problem.

SP2 would refresh the USB support with latest MS effort.

Failing that look up uninstalling USB support then reinstalling

Wuggy 17:58 24 May 06

If the camera uses a memory card buy a USB card reader which will read that type of card, insert the card into the reader and transfer to wherever you want on your PC. Saves a lot of bother, particularly with the camera powering down during transfer.

Whaty 09:06 25 May 06

Thanks for the replies, will keep trying...!

Terry

anchor 15:04 25 May 06

I had a Fuji 2700 some years ago and even Fuji had to admit problems with their drivers.

I just gave up trying and used a USB card reader, which I have used ever since.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:11 25 May 06

Uninstall and reinstall everthing! listed in device manager under USB.

This will refresh all the USB ports and settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…