downloading photos in hotmail

tonyq 19:27 30 May 06

Please can anyone help me solve the following 2 questions.
1.having been sent alot of photos by email attachment (Hotmail),is it possible to download them all at once to save them to my Pictures Folder.
2.the pictures are.jpg but I seem unable to be able to directly save them as.jpg.

jack 19:32 30 May 06

I have a notion that sending images via webmail[hotmail] can be problematic.

I uploaded a batch to a user of Hot mail via a hosting site.
When the recipient opened their mail all the links were there OK- but led not the image I had sent but to the hosting sites Upload page.

martjc 19:55 30 May 06

... I've sent and received pictures via hotmail without problems. Though they do seem to have to be accessed one at a time.

Chris Webster 20:51 30 May 06

If I'm sent jpegs through Hotmail I get the message below,

'NOTE: Hotmail has disabled some of the content of this message for your protection (more information). Enable all message content (once) | Never disable content from this sender'

If I know who they are from all I do to save them is I click on 'enable all message content once'. The photos then show in the message page and I just right click on each one and then click on 'save picture as'.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers Chris.

martjc 21:11 30 May 06

...maybe your content parameters need to be changed!

tonyq 21:31 30 May 06

than you for your replies,

Never seen anything like,

'NOTE: Hotmail has disabled some of the content of this message for your protection (more information). Enable all message content (once) | Never disable content from this sender'

Don't think I have seen 'enable all message content once'

How do I change "content parameters"?

martjc 21:44 30 May 06

...select mail display settings, display internet content. make sure content is set to display. You should then be able to see your photos.
Well, that's the theory.

martjc 21:49 30 May 06

...forgot to say - you have to be on the MAIL tab for this to work.

tonyq 09:59 31 May 06

Hi all,
settings seem to be O.K.
I can see the photos,but do not get the option to save them as jpg, either by right click-"save picture as" or "File-Save As"
The right click method I only have the option to
save as "Bmp"
The "File-Save As" method I get something like,
"Save Web Page".

martjc 10:04 31 May 06

...save them as BMP, then use a converter or imaging program to change them to .jpg?

tonyq 11:43 31 May 06

Thats what Iam having to do at the moment,and it seems a long winded affair just to open jpg atachments.I would have thought I should be able to open jpg's which is one of the most common formats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…