Downloading photos to CD

honey chops 09:22 25 Nov 09

Hi
I want to download photos on my computer to a CD so I can get them printed off. I do not appear to have any software on my PC which enables me to do this, is this something I have to buy or are there any free downloads out there which will enable me to print to a CD?
Cheers
Honeychops

Kevscar1 09:24 25 Nov 09

What version Windows are you using.
Open folder where pictures are.
Open my computer drag photo,s to CD and drop.

honey chops 09:32 25 Nov 09

I am using Windows XP (computer is about 4 years old), sorry if I sound dumb but I understand about dragging and dropping but when I open my computer, all that is there is Hard Disk Drive showing Prescario (C) and Prescario _RP (D) and Devices with Removable Storage showing DVD-RW Drive (E), DVD Drive (F) and Removable disc (G), (H), (I), (J) and (K) ?

rdave13 09:46 25 Nov 09

Either double click drive E and insert blank CD or open the tray and insert a blank CD. If auto run shows then select 'show files and folders only'(or something similar).
Open your photo folder and copy and paste to the optical drive (E).

honey chops 10:00 25 Nov 09

Why are things never easy (for me)! I have two "drawers" for discs, one saying DVD-Writer & CD-Writer and the other saying DVD-ROM, I have tried a blank CD in either of these two and I have double clicked on the E Drive logo in my computer but it comes up saying insert blank CD into Drive E?
I have also tried going into my photos and right clicking on a photo and then clicking on send to and it only gives me the option (amongst normal e-mail etc) to send it to removable disc G H I J or K.

rdave13 10:33 25 Nov 09

If XP/Vista try this Microsoft fix it; click here

honey chops 11:12 25 Nov 09

Did the fix it but a message came up after the diagnostic to say the drive was not capable of burning....what now?
So I need to download a burning software? If so, are there free ones or do I need to pay?

^wave^ 11:23 25 Nov 09

this is how i believe it works you need some sort of burning software on your pc you start it up and drag and drop the files you want to burn in there. i dont believe windows burns automatically the reason you dont see a new disk in your drives is they have no data on them and also not formated

Grey Goo 11:23 25 Nov 09

Is the drive enabled for recording. Look in drive properties/recording and see if the "enable recording" box is ticked.

honey chops 11:32 25 Nov 09

I have gone into drive properties but there is no option showing recording to enable me to see if the box is ticked?

rdave13 12:19 25 Nov 09

The dvd-rw drive E should be capable of burning CD's in XP without additional software.
It might be that the CD laser isn't working.
Try Burning Studios 2010 freebie (very good) to burn to an empty DVD disc.

click here
You will need to register to get the free licence key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5