Downloading PDFs

Sixosix 11:55 12 Apr 05

I have MS Internet Explorer with Symantic internet protection which operates quite normally with web pages, graphics and file downloads. When attempting to download PDFs pages on the web it just hangs with a graphic placement icon in the top left corner. There is no trace of a file (to read with my Acrobat Reader 5.0) amongst recent Tempory Internet Files or elsewhere. How do I get PDFs to download please?

woodchip 12:07 12 Apr 05

Remove Acrobat from Add Remove in Control Panel and then reinstall it. It should link to your Internet Browser with a Plug in. Then when you look at a Acro file you should be able to save it to your hard drive top left to save

VoG II 12:12 12 Apr 05

I would also suggest that you get the latest version of Adobe Reader (Version 7) click here

Sixosix 13:24 12 Apr 05

Thanks a lot both - new Reader now works fine.

pj123 16:18 12 Apr 05

VoG™ strange that you should give a link for Adobe Reader (Version 7) but on downloading it is actually Adobe Reader 6.0.1 which I already have.

VoG II 16:22 12 Apr 05

Version 7 requires Windows 2000 SP2 or later to run.

I guess that it has determined that you are on Windows 98 and given you the latest compatible version.

SANTOS7 16:25 12 Apr 05

Just to concur link sent me to version 7 (XP SP2)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…