Downloading pdf files

pienter 22:54 12 Apr 04

When I attempt to download forms in pdf format from a website, all I get on the screen is a blank sheet with a small square in the top left corner containing three coloured symbols. I run Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0, Norton Antivirus 2004, Zone Alarm 4.5 and Internet Explorer 6. I presume the problem is a security setting in one of the programmes but can anyone tell me which one?

stalion 23:18 12 Apr 04

bump

cycoze 23:23 12 Apr 04

Have a look at ZoneAlarm settings first .

Wak 09:00 13 Apr 04

Hi Ken, Have a look at the earlier thread called "icon-three different colour shapes in corner ?"

VoG II 09:02 13 Apr 04

Start Acrobat Reader. Edit/Preferences. Click Internet in left hand pane. Tick "Display PDF in browser".

pienter 11:58 13 Apr 04

Cykose - I tried disabling ZoneAlarm completely but the PDF files still wouldn't load.

VoG - I checked Adobe Acrobat settings and the "Display PDF in browser" was already ticked.

Wak - I cannot locate the thread you mention via the search function. Have you any more details?

Thanks to all three for the assistance so far.

VoG II 12:03 13 Apr 04

click here but I'm not sure how this will help you.

scotty 12:04 13 Apr 04

Work around is to save pdf file to disc. Right click on link and select "Save target as". You can then open the file from the hard drive.

VoG II 12:06 13 Apr 04

Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab.

Check that "Enable third party browser extensions" is ticked.

VoG II 12:09 13 Apr 04
  accord 12:21 13 Apr 04

im with scotty on this one, its so much easier and quicker. Save them to desktop so you can view, file or delete from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos