Downloading music (legally)

andy625 10:57 09 Mar 05

I have just signed up to broadband, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a site where I can download current albums (as oposed to individual tracks). I'm after a website where I can buy the music legally, as I like country music (don't laugh) and although I can buy the current albums in CD form, from the US on the net, they take quiet a while to arrive.

Thanks

byfordr 11:23 09 Mar 05

Not sure if it will have what you want but it certainly does MP3s click here
Flat fee...apparently legal.

R

Salinger 11:31 09 Mar 05

That is one of the scam sites that SELLS BitTorrent (which is free). You are not going to find many, if any, legal sites by using it.

dogbreath1 11:36 09 Mar 05

byfordr.
I think that the site you've linked to is possibly the worst of both worlds. It suggests that file sharing can be done legally (going on, as of course it would, to state that this excludes d/l and u/l copyright material) and then wants to charge a fee for telling you how to do this. There are legal sites such as Napster and iTunes. You pay, they u/l. But to my knowledge, file sharing per se (in relation to what andy625 seems to want to d/l) is illegal. Always be suspicious of flat rate deals.

byfordr 11:36 09 Mar 05

Fair enough...not had a chance to check it out...will let my colleague know!

Cheers for the info!

R

SANTOS7 11:41 09 Mar 05

click here
some points of interest here...........

byfordr 11:45 09 Mar 05

Salinger, dogbreath1 I told him at the time I thought it sounded dodgy...now he knows it is...cheers for the info!

R

andy625 12:12 09 Mar 05

So what do people recommend ITunes, Napster? Which is the best?? I'd like to download the files as wma, as I play them on a ipaq pda. Will this be possible if using ITunes as they are run by Apple?

byfordr 23:53 09 Mar 05

You could try click here definately legit ;-) Some weird and wonderful including c & w

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…