Downloading from mobile camera phone

guesswho2 15:18 15 Mar 07

I misread the instructions for downloading photos from my Motorola W375 mobile phone to the computer, in that I cancelled the Found New Hardware wizard when I first connected the phone with its USB cable. Now when I connect the phone with the USB cable it is not recognised in My Computer - Windows XP+SP2.
The computer continues to recognise other USB connections OK.
Can someone advise how to get back to square one so that I can download pictures from the phone?

postie24 16:30 15 Mar 07

Try a restore to before you connected the phone

dms05 16:37 15 Mar 07

Go to Control Panel and select Add Hardware then follow the instructions.

guesswho2 21:06 15 Mar 07

Thanks postie.
Yes dms05, it dawned on me eventually to go back to Control Panel as you say but this has not solved the problem. I'm used to downloading from my digital camera to the PC but nothing I can do in this case allows the phone to be recognised - ie nothing shows in My Computer. So I'm stuck! I had thought that it might be straightforward to put the phone photos on the computer, but obviously not.

dms05 21:43 15 Mar 07

Have you managed to download from this source before? Does the mobile have a removable memory card or built in memory. I have a Siemens with built in memory and I need to install the relevant software (all 110Mb of it) before I can download. Without the driver installed I can't see the jpg files on the camera. If however it's a seperate memory card you can use a card reader as I do for my Nikon camera - much easier.

guesswho2 09:34 16 Mar 07

Hi dms05, yes I use a card reader for my Samsung camera, plugged in temporarily into a USB socket and that's fine. But this Motorola phone thing is beyond me. The phone is simply not recognised when connected . I've e-mailed Motorola and they don't seem to know of any additional software for it. I've tried all the options that I can find in Add new hardware but to no avail. Seems like a dead end I'm afraid. There's no separate memory card in the phone by the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…