Downloading Mandrake Linux

Pete_W 13:04 04 Sep 04

Am at pressent downloading Mandrake 10 from click here Do I have to download all 3 disks or just disk 1?

powerless 13:30 04 Sep 04

You might as well download all 3.

It will actually ask you to insert CD4 but you can't get that on the download version. But you can actually survive on 2 CD's.

Pete_W 13:59 04 Sep 04

Thanks powerless... I only asked 'cause it's taking an age to download on a blueyonder 256 kbs... I'm in two minds weather to go an' buy it from PC World!

Goycoolea 08:30 05 Sep 04

You can just use CD1 to install, then add more sources to Mandrake's Software Manager and just install what you need from the Net. I've done this before and it works okay, but if you are new to GNU/Linux you might not know _what_ you need...

You can find sources at Easy Urpmi: click here

You definitely want to add 'contrib' and 'plf' even if you have all three CDs. :)

BTW if you want to buy it you could always buy the Download Edition cheaply from e.g. uselinux.co.uk (click here), dirt cheap at £4. If you like it you can support Mandrake in other ways, like joining the Mandrake Club.

Cheers,

Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…