Downloading Items from BBC Websites

Murielson 1 16:09 16 Apr 09

I would like to try and save some of the interviews, audio and video, that have appeared on the BBC websites over the last few days regarding the Hillsborough disaster anniversary. Hoping to put them on hard drive and maybe CD/MP3 player.

Could someone please advise the best way to go about this. Realise I may have to convert etc for the different formats but the first thing is getting the data as I feel it may be removed fairly soon.

I use XP and usually Firefox as a browser. Thanks in advance.

Graham. 17:37 16 Apr 09

I don't think you can download, it will be copywrite protected. There's loads on YouTube, you may be able to download from there, but, of course, the quality is not very good.

Murielson 1 21:32 16 Apr 09

Thanks for the response. How would I do it for non copyright items?

Graham. 23:47 16 Apr 09

OK, with BBC iPlayer you can download certain items, eg. click here but they expire after a short time.

If you can find the items you are interested in, see if they have a download option.

But I feel they may have copy protection, so you may not be able to save them permanently on any medium.

Graham. 23:51 16 Apr 09
  ianeon 04:34 17 Apr 09

There is a programme called "Danui Digital Media Converter" which is supposed to do what you want - download to BBC iPlayer and convert. You can get it from here: click here - But I would try it before buy it, to make sure that it does what it says on the box

eedcam 05:35 17 Apr 09

Ianeon it does do what it says on the box and it turns up for free now and again on give away of the day

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5