Downloading iPhone 4 version 4.3.5 software

bazza11 25 Sep 11

When I connect my iPhone 4 to my desktop (running Vista) I get a message inviting me to download software version 4.3.5. When I download it (takes about 2 hours) I get a message "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "Barry's iPhone". The network connection timed out." It doesn't make any difference whether I Download and Update, or Download Only. I have checked my internet connection, switched off Kaspersky, tried it at different times of the day, all with no success. Any ideas what I can try next, or should I just stick with what I have? Thanks.

john bunyan 25 Sep 11
  john bunyan 25 Sep 11
  Woolwell 25 Sep 11

I had a similar problem with my iPad with Kaspersky. Try turning off your antivirus suite completely during the download.

bazza11 28 Sep 11

It worked by disabling Kaspersky. Thank you very much.

Woolwell 28 Sep 11

Thanks for feedback.

BIGKREM 29 Sep 11

Hi, Hope you got sorted out.I too had similar problem and went into power options and selected "never" at the "Turn off monitor and HDD" time settings. That done the trick for me. Control panel>power options>PowerSchemes Cheers, Krem

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message