Downloading Icons for Use on Desktop

RegScriv 11:21 01 Dec 13

Can anyone advise on how to download icons for use on the desktop. Or, conversely, how to retain the programme icon images on the desktop. Windows often seems to corrupt the images into a nondescript image or in some cases the Google image for some reason.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:43 01 Dec 13

Windows version?

If you are talking about short cuts on your desktop - right click select properties - shortcut tab - change icon

alanrwood 12:43 01 Dec 13

You can download millions of icons from the web including most of the default ones in Windows. Just Google "icon download free". Having said that I doubt if this will cure your problem as icons should not become corrupt in Windows. Something else is causing your problem.

RegScriv 17:32 01 Dec 13

I'm on Windows 7 & I'm ok with changing the icon, & I think you're right alanrwood, something is causing the icon to change. Any ideas?

I use CCleaner, AdvanceSystemCare and SystemNinja cleanup tools but I don't think it's any of them.

woodchip 18:36 01 Dec 13

That's your problem, they have removed things that should have stayed put

lotvic 20:18 01 Dec 13

"I use CCleaner, AdvanceSystemCare and SystemNinja cleanup tools" What all three? I'm surprised you have anything left.

alanrwood 21:23 01 Dec 13

One of them probably deletes the icon cache.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…