Downloading from Firefox

superhoops 17:20 29 Oct 07

Hi
I have a problem with downloading files using Firefox. Seems to have started in the last few weeks, often but not always the "save file" button is greyed out a so cannot be selected. Any ideas? Thanks

superhoops 17:21 29 Oct 07

Sorry should have said it will be selectable after about 5 minutes wait though

aine 18:16 29 Oct 07

Have you tried your firewall it may be blocking the downloads, after the latest Firefox update my firewall was playing up. After resetting it all is OK

Ronnie268 19:30 29 Oct 07

I use Firefox aswell - try double-clicking on the popup window and "save file" appears

superhoops 19:45 29 Oct 07

Hi thanks for replies. Firewall is configured ok. Ronnie268 just tried a couple of test downloads and the save file box appeared ok. It is a sporadic problem.

octal 20:07 29 Oct 07

I get exactly the same problem, in fact I have had it for some time. What I do is just tick the Open with button then back to the Save as button then it works.

Jak_1 20:13 29 Oct 07

Try this :
click here

I installed this after firefox acting like an arthritic snailon crutches and it works fine and is much faster than the rt click and save as.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…