downloading films onto DVD help.

MeandHer 20:34 18 Nov 09

Can someone help a not very technical person ?

Thinking of downloading films off the Internet onto DVD discs so that I can watch them on TV.
Is there a certain sort of DVD disc I need ?
And can I get discs that you can record on time and time again.
Anyone who can give any advice on downloading films would be a great help.
Thanks.

Technotiger 21:05 18 Nov 09

You can't download films (nor anything else) onto DVD discs - you download the films, or whatever, to your PC and then Burn them to DVD discs using a program like Nero - or for free DVD Burner XP.

Technotiger 21:15 18 Nov 09

To record on same disc time and again - DVR/RW disc, but these are not all that reliable.

Terry Brown 21:33 18 Nov 09

After you have copied the films etc to your computer try imgburn (free) to burn them.
Basic but free

click here

Terry

MeandHer 23:05 18 Nov 09

Technotiger
Wrote
To record on same disc time and again - DVR/RW disc, but these are not all that reliable.

Do you mean DVD/RW Disc ?

ened 07:39 19 Nov 09

The paperwork on your DVD player will tell you what Format of DVD it will read.

For the burning process try this: click here.

In my living room I have a Panasonic DVD which plays DVD-RAM. These are recordable but to be honest, as the blanks are so cheap you might as well not bother with re-recordables. In any case you might want to watch a film again at a later date.

Technotiger 08:36 19 Nov 09

Yes..... sorry slight typo!

sharpamat 08:37 19 Nov 09

Be aware that most films are copy write and there are many illegal sites you can download them from normall you run the risk of nasties included.

ISPs are cracking down on this and in some cases it can be very costley

Technotiger 08:39 19 Nov 09

click here not DVD Burner XP, though it does burn DVDs as well as CD's, it is called CDBurner XP!

MeandHer 13:12 19 Nov 09

Thanks to all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…