downloading films

farmboy 17:45 18 Jun 04

I am going onto broadband soon, and i am looking at downloading films. Am i correct in saying that downloading films on peer to peer is now no longer legal

Salinger 17:49 18 Jun 04

Never was legal

struggle8 17:53 18 Jun 04

no not legea
but picture quality will be bad and thats if you get the file (film) u want had many an occasion when downloading a movie (peer to peer) got something completely diferent its easer to hire it then copy into you dvd collection yes I know then that makes you a pirate not in the sense of raidig a ship neither

farmboy 18:02 18 Jun 04

can any body tell me of a good way to download films to watch legally or any other way that is cheaper than blockbuster, 3.75 per film. I like my films and its starting to get a bit expensive
thnx

Tree3 18:05 18 Jun 04

downloading nearly anything from a perr to peer network is illegal because most of the software is illegal in the firstplace and it was never legal to download films from a p2p network or illegal source.

farmboy 18:07 18 Jun 04

These peer to peer sites are still there though, and i bet people are still doing it. can they arrest everbody doing it or what?

spikeychris 18:13 18 Jun 04

They charge to much, they rip people off, everyone does it, it harms no-one, they make a fortune.

Just a few of the words that will soon appear............

Then: Its illegal, your stealing, copywrite ownership, virus's, spyware,.

5 pages in one post.

S5W 18:48 18 Jun 04

"I like my films and it's starting to get a bit expensive".

Well I like my wine and that is getting a bit expensive but I don't go and rob the off license to satisfy my appetite.

pj123 18:56 18 Jun 04

I am told that Local Libraries are cheaper than dedicated hire shops for films. You also get them for 7 days (or more) and not just 1 night. You could of course record them off the TV to Video, or get Sky Digital TV and pay a monthly sub for the movie channel and you can watch movies all day every day. Fortunately, I couldn't sit and watch TV for 2 hours or more, and I have a multi satellite dish (15 satellites) and 324 channels (all free). I don't have Sky, I don't have a card and I don't pay a monthly subscription.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…