Downloading files from Internet

Celery is very stringy 22:19 17 Feb 04

XP user:

If I wanted to download a file from a website then normally I'd click on the link on the site and a dialog box used to come up giving me the option to save in a suitable location or open it.

I have accidentally ticked something that no longer gives me the option of saving and no just opens files.

How do I return things to their original state and get the option to save it (i.e download it to a folder of my choosing rather than open it.

Any help much appreciate as the simplest things bug me.

©®@$? 22:21 17 Feb 04

When you download a file from the Internet, you may not be prompted for the location in which to save the file that you are downloading. Instead, the file may be opened.

This behavior can occur if you clear the Always ask before opening this type of file check box when you download a file. If you do this, files of this type are automatically placed in the Temporary Internet Files folder and opened by the program that is associated with the file type.

If you want to be prompted for a download location for the file type, follow these steps:

1. Double-click My Computer.

2. On the View menu, click Folder Options.

3. On the File Types tab, click the appropriate file type in the Registered File Types box.

4. Click Edit.

5. Click to select the Confirm Open After Download check box.

6. Click OK, and then click OK.

Celery is very stringy 22:26 17 Feb 04

Your a star, thanks for quick response (2mins)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…