downloading files for IE6 installation

cyberpharmacist 12:58 13 Oct 03

Hi All,

I am trying to download the installation file for IE6 to be installed on a number of machines, but I can't find it on the microsoft site at all, wondering if any one can help.

many thanks.

Taff36 13:07 13 Oct 03

Wouldn`t it be easier to take it off a cover disk?

Anyway click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:08 13 Oct 03

Better off getting a cover disc and installing from there less chance of the download failing and it can be a lengthy process and not always reliable off net,then goto windows update and install patches/fixes for it.

Regards.

brittas 13:10 13 Oct 03

try this
click here

Taff36 13:16 13 Oct 03

Nice One brittas - noticed that my link to PC Advisor download pages is only for the original 2001 version. Not even SP1 like yours.

Come on FE - use your influence on the downloads staff! We expect a little better from a premiere site.

cyberpharmacist 13:30 13 Oct 03

but it's this the pre-downloading file which you will have to run and connect to microsoft for downloading the real thing?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:41 13 Oct 03

When you goto update site you down load a file of say 400k then you can click this to connect and download what you need but it very long winded,it easyier to get it off a cover disk.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:54 13 Oct 03

I think the file is called IE6SETUP.EXE a small file 480k i think search for on Microsoft site click save then you can transfer to other machines and run it from em all.

Taff36 13:58 13 Oct 03

Follow brittas link above it takes you straight there as nickname suggests

cyberpharmacist 14:25 13 Oct 03

but i want to bypass mulitple downloading for individual machines. is there a setup file somewhere that i can download as not all the machines have good internet connection in the office.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:28 13 Oct 03

The way to go i think is getting a cover disc with IE6 on then installing it off that on all machines all you need do then is download patches/fixes.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…