Downloading Files

frostysnowman 13:38 15 Apr 08

I have asked this question before but I am still confused and it probably will seem like a stupid question but I am a very paranoid PC user. Occasionally on shut down I get the error 'SVCHost exe Application error' and on looking at the event viewer in the security tab I have some entries with 'Failure Audit' id 615 Policy Change. These entries seem to come when I disconnect from the Internet. I have scanned with several anti-spyware utilities and NIS2007, all say OK. I am wondering if it is still safe to download files. I ask because I am wanting to download NIS2008 to upgrade my NIS2007. Would it be better to reinstall XP and then download NIS2008 or am I being too cautious. I am worried that the downloads could become infected in some way owing to these errors or any virus, spyware, etc that these scanners may have missed. Any advice greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…