Downloading digital photos from a camera

stanbar 09:11 31 May 03

I have a digital camera with an internal memory and is also able to take a smartmedia memory card.
My problem is that if I download one memory of photos and then try to download the second memory it will overwrite the first entries. For example if i load the first memory the files are identified img1, img2 etc. trying to get the next lot in and the program wants to start again identifying them as img1, omg2, etc. I would like to put them all in the same folder so that i can use a slideshow program on the tele after I burn them to CD.

monkeyshine 09:22 31 May 03

This seems like it will be an ongoing problem if you use the internal memory AND a smartmedial card. It would be better to use ONLY the smartmedia card (if the camera permits this). That would mean that the pictures would be stored sequentially with no duplication of numbers.

graham√ 09:38 31 May 03

When you have downloaded the first set, re-name them by right-clicking on each image.

monkeyshine 09:43 31 May 03

That is obviously one solution, I didn't suggest it because it will be time consuming depending on how many pics are in the first memory. It may be the only way around the problem though if the camera will not permit using a card only.

Lú-tzé 09:43 31 May 03

Further to graham√'s suggestion, use a batch renamer such as irfanview click here or Oscar's renamer click here to rename all of your images to something more relevant than img1 etc.

Both programs are free and straightforward to use.

Agent Smith 10:26 31 May 03

Failing that, move the first downloaded piccies to a different folder or set a new target folder for the 2nd download.

Pidder 10:31 31 May 03

My Fuji gives the option to number shots sequentially to avoid this problem. Does your handbook show anything like this?

stanbar 15:49 31 May 03

Manyn thanks. The camera wiil work with just the smartcard but the problem is I want to use a slideshow program and they need to be in the same folder so different sessions need to be combined. i have download the suggested program and will try these. Ifind a CD can hold a lot of photos so i wwould like to combine a lot of sessions and at different times.

Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac