downloading codec error?

Jackie1 10:49 17 Oct 04

When trying to play a movie in wmp that has been downloaded from the net. It comes up with error downloading codec? I have sound for the film but no picture?

If I download a codec pack from k-lite are there any risks through adware, spyware ect?

Stuartli 10:56 17 Oct 04

I presume you are referring to my posting in your other thread on the same subject of the WMP error?

There is absolutely no risk whatsoever in downloading the K-Lite pack - it's been an established and widely used pack (there are smaller and larger versions as well) for a considerable length of time.

I wouldn't have recommended such a download otherwise.

Jackie1 11:13 17 Oct 04

Sorry i was only wondering as have had a few problems with downloads before as have been infected by adware & spyware. Only being cautious. Didn't mean to offend you?

Stuartli 11:55 17 Oct 04

You've not offended me...

Just puzzled as to why it needed a new thread to ask the question?

The simplest answer to spyware etc is to download, install (if you don't already have them) Search and Destroy 1.3, Ad-aware SE 1.05 and SpywareBlaster, immediately update all of them and then run S and D and Ad-aware.

SpywareBlaster runs in the background and should be enabled to offer full protection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 17 Oct 04

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…