Downloading and burning video files.

PaulOwen 19:04 08 Jun 04

If I download some videos some are mpegs, some are avi, some are wmv! What should they be to enable foolproof burning and is there a tool to change these files to that particular format? I am using Nero 6 and XP Pro.
Many thanks

Paul

grabster 19:23 08 Jun 04

Hi, i try to stick to mpeg files when i can cos it is a pain in the butt converting video files what with different codecs required for avi's and wmv generally being crappy quality.
Stick with nero and burn mpegs as vcd or svcd and you wont go far wrong imho.

PaulOwen 19:27 08 Jun 04

But if I have avis and wmvs how do I convert them to mpegs? And should they be mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-3 or mpeg-4? Whats the difference!?

grabster 19:44 08 Jun 04

Nero will convert avi files which takes a while,i dont bother with wmv,mpeg 1+2 generally are vcd and svcd with svcd being better quality than vcd which is similar to vcr.
Normally when you download these files svcd will be mpeg 2 or avi which both burn fine in nero.
for conversion i use Super Video Converter from
Witcobber Software which is quick and easy to use.

grabster 19:46 08 Jun 04

whoops,click here
works for me.

BBez 20:49 08 Jun 04

freeware and excellent quality. will convert any format if you adjust the priorities in "environmental settings"

click here

program info click here

you need Beta version 12c if you want to encode wmv's due to licencing restrictions...

BBez 20:49 08 Jun 04

freeware and excellent quality. will convert any format if you adjust the priorities in "environmental settings"

click here

program info click here

you need Beta version 12c if you want to encode wmv's due to licencing restrictions...

woodchip 20:59 08 Jun 04

NERO will not convert to MPEG2 without you purchase the plugin click here

woodchip 21:07 08 Jun 04

click here Only applies to OEM if you have the Retail version 6, the plugin should be in the package

stalion 21:08 08 Jun 04

as I have said on here many times before mydvd converts all the formats you have listed no problem.

woodchip 21:22 09 Jun 04

Also Ulead PhotoExplorer 8 will burn Video as a Slide template but it is just a video when burnt you can burn to CD or DVD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…