downloading anti spyware

chrissy1 16:46 07 Dec 06
Answered

i have norton anti virus and webroot spysweeper..webroot due to expire,would like to try a free download would i have to disable or uninstall what i have already,if so how? Any tips of good downloads to try?

Diodorus Siculus 17:08 07 Dec 06

click here
ewido - anti-spyware and anti-malware solutions

click here AdAware - removal tool

click here
SpywareBlaster to keep it off

click here SpyBot Search and Destroy to remove

And when Norton expires, save yourself a few pounds with Avast click here

Kate B 17:27 07 Dec 06

Windows Defender is also worth having click here

chrissy1 19:11 07 Dec 06

get norton free anyway but need to know if i have to remove or disable what ive already got before downloading....just been informed webroot expired.

Diodorus Siculus 19:23 07 Dec 06

I'd remove Webroot if it has expired.

birdface 10:41 08 Dec 06

I think you have got about the right selection of downloads ,I am not an Avast fan,Think it slows the computer down a bit,I prefer AVG Anti-Virus,But that is my choice,If you are going to Delete Norton,You need the Norton removal Tool to get rid of it properly or it stays on your computer,Once you run the tool, Run C Cleaner just to get rid of anything left over.One other thing you need is a good firewall,Kerio is the one I prefer, So easy to use as long as you tick easy way when you download it,

chrissy1 14:11 11 Dec 06
Answer

thanks everyone,have downloaded AVG as it is compatible with Norton..so it says anyway..so ill see how it goes.

brundle 14:42 11 Dec 06

Worth mentioning that using Kerio in Simple mode means it only checks incoming traffic, not incoming and outgoing; better than the built in Windows firewall which also only checks incoming traffic but not using it to its full potential.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5