Downloading

Meshuga 16:12 21 Jun 04

I have 2 PCs one of which is running XP Home on broadband 512 kbs and the other has XP Home 512 but is on dialup pay as you go. Can I download large items on the BB pc to an external storage device instead of onto the pc and then transfer the data into the other pc.If so, how do I do this please.? The reason is to save a long slow download on pay as you go. Thanks, Meshuga.

bremner 16:16 21 Jun 04

When you download just choose 'Save to disk' or similar and point it to where you want to save it.

Then use a thumb drive or burn it to a CD (rewriteable would be cheaper)to transfer it to the other PC

SEASHANTY 16:22 21 Jun 04

Don't understand the setup. Why not connect both your PC's to the 512k broadband using a router and scrap the dialup service?

GaT7 16:23 21 Jun 04

Any chance of connecting the 2 PCs through a network? (please ignore if not an option). G

Meshuga 16:36 21 Jun 04

Thanks to bremner,Will do.Thanks to Seashanty and Crossbow7. One reason for my doing it as I suggested is that the 2 pcs are a long distance apart and fixed cabling would be difficult and it would require wireless installation, which, at the moment, the cost would be prohibitive and I want to update my NAV and other protection as soon as poss, as the pc has not been used for some time. Many thanks for your suggestions nevertheless. Regards to all, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos