Downloadhelper not working?

hiwatt 16:14 05 Jan 15

Hi folks,I ocassionaly use Downloadhelper to download videos from youtube but the last few times I've tried to use it the icon is greyed out and there is no "media" option to download from.It just doesn't work.I've updated to the latest version etc.Anyone else having similar problems? What would be the best alternative? Thanks folks.

hiwatt 16:38 05 Jan 15

That's the one Jock1e.It's called downloadhelper.It's an addon for firefox and so can only be uninstalled via firefox.

AroundAgain 17:35 05 Jan 15

I've noticed that some YouTube videos are not available for download using DownloadHelper so I've assumed the 'owner' of the video has set it as such.

I've often then been able to download same video clip using Dirpy, at dirpy.com, which you don't download, just put the url into the appropriate box on the Dirpy site. Usually, between one or the other, it is possible to download the video clip.

hiwatt 20:36 05 Jan 15

I don't know what the problem is with download helper but it isn't anything to do with the uploaded video settings.It won't download my own uploads even,it's not giving the option to download any videos at all?

AroundAgain 21:04 05 Jan 15

Thanks for trying to post a link, Jock1e. I've just used your 'keywords' and have downloaded a Firefox addon, ready for when I have a problem. I hadn't realised such existed :)

didomessi 11:13 04 Feb 15

Uninstall Firefox and download an earlier version from enter link description here

It worked for me. Good luck.

RichardEverett 07:10 19 Mar 15

I finally got mine working. Get updated version of Firefox and dwhelper 5. Works now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos