downloaders for broadband

MidgetMan 19:19 05 Feb 04

due to the limitiations of windows me only allowing 2 downloads at once, has any one got any suggestions for a download manager that will allow more at the same time??/, must be compatable with broadband, pref not full of adware/spyware.

powerless 21:18 05 Feb 04
  bloo meeny 22:45 05 Feb 04

Or see this - works for all Win/IE versions

click here

Claims up to 50 simultanouus d/loads .... I managed 37 with it !!!

Chegs ® 23:34 05 Feb 04

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

Copy/paste this into Notepad,save as IEdown.reg

double click it,and it should give you the same as the link from bloo meeny.If you want to experiment with connections,just open the notepad.txt version and alter the dword:000000** as you like.

Indigo 1 23:50 05 Feb 04

Great pages guys... cheers.

Isn't it funny how someone else comes up with the answer just before you fully formulate the question ? 8-)

Just saw this thread and thought what a great idea - however, I cannot find "Add Value" on the edit menu in the registry key for internet settings (XP Pro with IE 6) any ideas??

Chegs ®

Smae sort of problem, I have followed you instructions to the letter but when I double clik on the saved file I get an error saying that the file is not a registry script and that I can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor. Any clues as to where I am going wrong?

To both of you, I am of course only wanting to increase my downloads from a "closed network" and have no intention of using this on the "real" internet..... ;-)

MidgetMan 08:47 06 Feb 04

Thanks to everyone in particular bloo meeny, have saved that link and will try it out later when I get home.

will tick as resolved and come back if not.

Chegs ® 17:09 06 Feb 04

I just checked on my pc,the file IEdown.reg,on clicking asks if I want to add to registry,clicked yes and in it went.I had similar troubles with another reg key,it also kept insisting that " I can only import binary registry files...."

I still haven't worked that one out yet,but will see what my mate google has to say.

Chegs ® 17:16 06 Feb 04

From preliminary readup,it would seem its caused by the settings in Notepad,if its got "wordwrap" or "Font" set other than default,then this message appears.

nick_j007 17:49 06 Feb 04

Can endorse the Freshdownloads link above.
Excellent free utility that gives you far more than Windoze does.

anchor 17:54 06 Feb 04

My favourite is Download Express; no ad or spy ware.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…