downloader virus..help please..thankyou

bof:) 17:47 20 Apr 04

Hi All,

At neighbours house, he has run AVG (updated) and he keeps getting a message saying virus found called 'Downloader.Perfile.A'.

The Active Heal on AVG did not heal it so sent it to the Vault and I deleted it from there.

Upon re-running AVG it found it again in C:\restore\temp\A0086916.cpy.

So, I turned off system restore, rebboted PC and rerun AVG...virus still there so again put it into the vault and deleted it. rebooted PC and ran AVG again and it is still there.

can anyone help me get rid of this for my neighbour.

many thanks,

Mike

lpl56407 17:58 20 Apr 04

do a search on Downloader Virus.

TommyRed 18:13 20 Apr 04

Read this and follow instructions carefully as it involves registry changes, remember to back up the registry to your desktop PRIOR to making any changes. click here HTH TR

bof:) 19:19 20 Apr 04

Hi All,

did a google search and it found Downloader.perfiler.A answers in a compputercops webpage. It basically said run Hijack this and post the log on their website.

I registered my neighbour with them but we have failed to get any email with the password from them as of yet. This is the 2nd email failure we have had today.

We have also failed to get Housecall to run and the Symantec check for virii option also failed to install.

TommyRed, I clicked on the link you gave but have not found any refernce to the downloader we have and there were no instructions to alter the registery.

Any further help would be very gratefully appreciated cos this pc is going through a window soon....:-)

Mike

bof:) 19:49 20 Apr 04

bump

spuds 20:46 20 Apr 04

Any help here click here

TommyRed 22:04 20 Apr 04

Sorry didn't read your post thoroughly TR

Nellie2 22:58 20 Apr 04

seeing as spikey's place is having problems, post your log click here

bof:) 15:49 27 Apr 04

Hi all,

sorry for the delay on getting back but been a bit busy.

Problem was solved by visiting the microsoft website and purging system restore. All restores are deleted so make sure you dont need any of them.

click here;en-us;263455

microsoft knowledge base article no 263455.

Many thanks for all of your help, its appreciated as always.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…