downloader, can anyone help me?

gazmix 10:55 22 Jun 08

Hi, i stupidly clicked on a prompt to download active x & my avg detected a threat.
downloader.zlob
I scanned with avg and apparently its in virus vault, but i googled this downloader & it says i should change all passwords, bank etc!!
I'm a bit concerned, what should i do!!

Thanks

Diemmess 11:09 22 Jun 08

I think that AVG dealt with the file before there could have been any damage.

You have scanned again with a negative result, so I would keep a watchful eye open for a while rather than become hamstrung for days with alterations and confusion all over the place.

Fingees 11:10 22 Jun 08

as your anti virus detected it and put it in vault, it should be OK, as it was doing its job.

If you can delete it from the vault, so much the better.

gazmix 11:36 22 Jun 08

I re-scanned AVG and it found nothing, the entrys are in the virus vault but i clicked on 'heal' & it said 'unhealable'.
There is a 'wipe' option in the virus vault, does this clean up the vault, erasing the contents from my pc?, not restoring the threats.
As the 'Threat detected' warning appeared straight away when i clicked on the active x setup.exe prompt, does this mean that it caught it before any damage done?
Spybot found nothing too.

thanks

crosstrainer 11:39 22 Jun 08

Yes, just empty the virus vault. If you want to be double sure it's gone, download, update and run:

click here

birdface 11:57 22 Jun 08

My AVG detected a Trojan on my computer while scanning last week and put it in the Virus vault.A few days later I found out it was a false positive so was able to install it back again.No mad rush to remove it from the virus vault.maybe better leaving it for a week and then delete it if you wish.

gazmix 12:03 22 Jun 08

will this remove them or restore?
thanks

gazmix 19:23 22 Jun 08

I used an anti-malware forum to post as i couldn't find anywhere here to post a HijackThis log & someone instructed me to use SmitFraudFix & HostXpert & to post logfile with MalwareBite's anti malware!

This i have done, but was wondering if Spybot Search & Destroy, Adaware & my AVG free is enough!

I hear good things about SuperAntiSpywareBlaster, but with all these on my pc, won't they conflicy?
Does SASB run in background or just when i decide to run it & will it find anything that an inexperienced user, shouldn't delete, or should i get rid of all it finds?

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5