Downloaded virus from kazaa

annie35 07:55 22 Apr 03

My young sister has downloaded some music from kazaa and along with it came a virus. sorry dont know the name of the virus as i cant get onto the internet to run a scan on the pc. The best i can do is download virus software for her and put it on a floppy or cd media but i need a few suggestions on sites for free downloads of virus software.Any help with this problem will be much appreciated.

allstar 08:03 22 Apr 03

get avg from here click here

annie35 08:35 22 Apr 03

Any other suggestions because i have had a bad history with agv trying to put in the serial number that is when they send me one.

bigdamouk 09:04 22 Apr 03

click here

Its new, but good!

Offline 10:18 22 Apr 03

Not free but has the best detection record around. click here

Belatucadrus 11:49 22 Apr 03

Anti Virus :- Avast4 click here best test results of the freeware versions.
Antivir click here capable but slow alternative, updates also tend to be large, 3.5Mb approx, so downloading time higher than the competition.

freakbrothers 11:54 22 Apr 03

I get the same problem with AVG, with regards to the serial number....

Easy solution, just cut and paste the serial number from your email to the box, and then it usually works fine..

Rgds,

Freddy

P.S> Tell your sis to switch to KazaaLite or something, their is loads of spyware on Kazaa, plus Kazaa Lite, you can download faster!

Peverelli 16:17 22 Apr 03

... "Tell your sis to switch to KazaaLite or something, there is loads of spyware on Kazaa, plus Kazaa Lite, you can download faster!"

It will also download a virus faster!

MichelleC 16:36 22 Apr 03

To get it off your system go to PC cillin
click here and after every session with Kazza lite run Spybot to clear system
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:38 22 Apr 03

'Tell your sis to switch to KazaaLite or something, their is loads of spyware on Kazaa'(sic)...spyware does not d/l viruses it is the fact that you allow kazaa to have open access to your computer that d/ls the viruses. Putting a SubSeven on a computer d/ling anything from Kazaa is elementary hacker stuff and no amount of firewalls and AVs will prevent it, especially if you are on BB ;-))

G

hugh-265156 17:53 22 Apr 03

if you have problems with the activation code just cut and paste it from the email that they send you into the box and it will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5