Downloaded Uniblue Clean up now its even worse

errolfowler 12:31 07 Jan 10

Hi all,
My hair is all but gone. So now it's time to ask for help!!
I downloaded and paid for Uniblue from this site and it found over 1000 errors which it says it cleaned up. My pc (windows xp) was all messed up before now is even worse and is running like slug. It has taken me nearly 10 minutes to get to this point on this site. I have done all the usual defrag disc clean up etc. I have even removed all my photos to try and help speed thing s up.
Any suggestions
thanks errolfowler

woodchip 12:39 07 Jan 10

You have created your own Problem, by being taken in by the Program Advert got on my Computer not by me loading, I think it got there from other software and since Removed it. Your only way back is remove it and the do a System Restore to Before it got on your PC

Graphicool1 12:42 07 Jan 10

Did you set a 'System Restore' point before you ran Uniblue? Either way, you should do a System Restore from before you installed and/or ran uniblue.

If this is what you are talking about...Uniblue Registry Booster, you can use it for free?

errolfowler 13:33 07 Jan 10

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for that.
Right... It is now uninstalled and I have done a system resore to yesterday. Its gone Yipee...
Now all I need is something safe to clean up my machine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 07 Jan 10

Now all I need is something safe to clean up my machine

CCleaner click here

errolfowler 15:28 07 Jan 10

Hi Fruit Bat,
My machine has over 2000 errors according to this, but will only clean 25 of them. Do I need to pay for the rest to be cleaned.
Kind regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:53 07 Jan 10

Uninstall UNiblue and run CCleaner (its a free download)

let it remove every thing it asks.

Then click on registry and scan for isuues accept the invitation to backup the registry and then let it fix all issues.

Do a scan for issues again and let it fix all issues again

on a third scan for issues it should find almost noting to fix.

woodchip 16:45 07 Jan 10

I do not use CCleaner I use and always use CleanUp
click here
Use it on Default Settings

Graphicool1 17:55 07 Jan 10

...I too use Ccleaner and believe it to be the safest clean-up tool on the market. It isn't the only cleaner I use but most definately the safest.

Graphicool1 17:56 07 Jan 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5