Downloaded music

lintony 07:29 17 Aug 06

I have downloaded a whole load of music to transfer to my MP3 player where it plays fine. When I burn it all to a CD, the CD doesn't play. Do I have to convert this music first and if so, how do I do it?

Tanzy_uk 08:15 17 Aug 06

lintony,

Did you convert from MP3 back to WAV (normal audio for cds?) if not you need to re-encode the MP3 to wav, this can be done in a number of programmes, windows media player will do it just use the onscreen instructions. If you have done this and it doesn't work, check that your player is suitable for CDR / RW as some earlier players can be funny, finaly ensure that you finalise the disc. hope this helps,

tanz

johnnyrocker 08:55 17 Aug 06

if using nero it will automatically do it for you just select audio disc and burn.

johnny.

ArrGee 09:29 17 Aug 06

Just drag the MP3 files into the Windows Media Player library and hit 'burn'. It will also automatically finalise the disc.

lintony 11:08 17 Aug 06

Thanks all of you for your suggestions. I am at work at the moment but will try some of them when I get home.

lintony 10:59 19 Aug 06

Hi there

You all gave me some suggestions to convert my music files. Being a beginner at these things, I am not very good at this and need some more help. The music that I downloaded is M3U. I am having problems trying to convert it. Can you guys out there offer some more advise please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…